WE ARE HIRING FOR: Co-Worker
You will be helping to run an independent, vibrant and innovative co-op grocery store which is owned by the community, for the community alongside passionate advocates for good food and good ethics!
Friendly and enthusiastic?
People person with a dynamic attitude?
Passionate about good quality food, sustainable ethics and fair trade for all?
Want to be a part of the exciting co-operative business model?
Location : 1 Long field Centre, Bury New Road, M25 1AY Prestwich, Greater Manchester
Job Title: Co-worker
Rate of Pay: £6.60
- Working weekends and bank holidays if required and by agreement
- Some early morning starts and late evening finishes
- Handling and sale ofpackaged meat and alcohol
- Staff meetings outside of hours
- Heavy and repetitive lifting
Part time. Minimum of 16 hours p/w
To assist in the efficient day-to-day running of the business
- Working co-operatively as part of the co-operative
- To deal with the public and other visitors courteously and helpfully
- To operate the till and handle sales transactions quickly and accurately
- To actively promote Village Greens principles and ethics
- Stocking replenishing and cleaning the shop to maintain a high standard of presentation.
- Handling and packing of dry food
- Handling of fresh food stuffs on the deli
- To adhere to health and safety and hygiene procedures
- Following reasonable instruction, guidance and mentoring from key workers
Co Worker Job Specification
- The ability to work as part of a team in a co-operative and sensitive manner.
- The ability to complete tasks to an agreed timescale with an organised and positive attitude to work and the ability to effectively manage and prioritise a workload when working under pressure.
- The ability to show attention to detail in all aspects of work.
- To be able to work with numbers to the extent of cash handling, checking deliveries and mixing and bagging up quantities of dry foods correctly.
- To have basic computer skills i.e be able to use email
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people both verbally and by creating and following written communication.
- The ability to show initiative, versatility and flexibility in all aspects of work.
- Show understanding of and commitment to Village Green’s principles and ethics.
- The ability to carry out core and specialist tasks which can include heavy and repetitive lifting of boxes and sacks of foodstuff in the storeroom and reaching, bending and lifting stock to replenish shelves on the shop floor.
- Commitment to building the business of Village Greens and abiding by co-op principles and governance.
PLEASE SEND COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS TO : firstname.lastname@example.org or hand in to the store.
Deadline: Friday 24TH July 5pm
Interviews: Wednesday 29th July
If you do not hear from us before the deadline date inviting you for an interview, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful at this time. Please do look out for future job vacancies with us.