WE ARE HIRING FOR: CASUAL WORKERS
You will be working in an independent, vibrant and innovative co-op grocery store which is owned by the community, for the community alongside passionate advocates for good food and good ethics!
Looking for flexible and enjoyable work?
Friendly and enthusiastic?
Previous retail or customer service experience?
People person with a can do attitude?
Interest in quality food, ethics and co-op business?
Location: 1 Longfield Centre, Bury New Road, M25 1AY Prestwich, Greater Manchester
Job Title: Casual Worker
Rate of Pay: NMW
- Working weekends and bank holidays if required and by agreement
- Some early morning starts and late evening finishes
- Handling and sale ofmeat and alcohol
Flexible / Casual
To assist in the efficient day-to-day running of the business
Casual Worker Job Specification
- The ability to work as part of a team in a cooperative and sensitive manner.
- The ability to complete tasks to an agreed timescale with an organised and positive attitude to work and the ability to effectively manage and prioritise a workload when working under pressure.
- The ability to show attention to detail in all aspects of work.
- To be able to work with numbers to the extent of cash handling, checking deliveries and mixing and bagging up quantities of dry foods correctly.
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people both verbally and by creating and following written communication.
- To serve customers on the Deli and handling fresh produce.
- The ability to show initiative, versatility and flexibility in all aspects of work.
- Show understanding of, and commitment to Village Green’s principles and ethics.
- The ability to carry out core and specialist tasks which can include heavy and repetitive lifting of boxes and sacks of foodstuff in thestoreroomand reaching, bending and lifting stock to replenish shelves on the shop floor.
PLEASE SUBMIT CVS AND COVER LETTERS TO : firstname.lastname@example.org or hand in to the store.
Deadline: Thursday 4th February
Interviews: Monday 8th February
If you do not hear from us before the deadline date inviting you for an interview, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful at this time. Please do look out for future job vacancies with us.