Job Description: Marketing Team Leader
Responsible to: The Board of Directors
Responsible for: Collaborating with Senior Management Team Colleagues: Shop Manager, Administration Manager and wider staff team.
Salary: £20,000 per anum
Contract hours: 40 per week
The purpose of the role: Ensure the effective operation of the Shop and its contribution to the overall success of Village Greens Community Co-op Ltd..
- The Leadership Team is individually and jointly responsible to the Board of Village Greens Co-op Ltd, the group elected by members to exercise oversight of their business. The Board meets bi-monthly and the Leadership Team is expected to report to these meetings (arranging attendance between them).
- One director supervises the Leadership Team and takes responsibility for organising regular appraisals of performance which are reported to the Board.
Shared Leadership Team responsibilities:
Actively collaborate, co-operate and work as a member of the Leadership Team to:
- Ensure excellent customer service, good financial performance, and a well-managed staff team.
- Manage the enterprise to achieve financial and social targets.
- Develop, implement and review a sales, pricing and profit strategy.
- To manage and ensure adherence to the staff budget as set by the Board.
- Plan and conduct regular whole staff team meetings
- Plan, implement and review regular stock-takes as advised by the Board.
- To manage the Shop to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction, including ensuring that the Shop is efficiently run, welcoming, clean and attractively configure their area of operation.
- To respond to customer feedback and requests.
- To ensure that products are effectively and safely displayed, including strong point of sale and comprehensive price/product information in liaison with Shop Leader A, buyer.
- To ensure that the Shop is attractive, clean and compliant with all relevant legislation in all areas of fresh, ambient and deli, including daily date checking for chilled and frozen and instigating a system for BBE on ambient plus temperature control of fridges/chillers.
- To ensure that shop shelves are filled every day and that stock is turned, checking all stock storage areas.
- To oversee the commodity bagging down area to ensure that stock is bagged, labelled and shelf edged accurately in compliance with SA standards.
- To be responsible for the day to day marketing of the shop via social media and in store displays; to liaise with the Marketing Team for ongoing marketing development and advance planning for promotions, community events, festivals etc
- To work with Marketing Team on engagement of members and non-members to encourage loyalty and support for VG to ensure its long term sustainability via updates, offers, meetings etc ensuring events are well advertised to all.
- To ensure that the Shop is compliant with all relevant legislation, including Environment Health; Trading Standards; Soil Association in accordance with instruction from the Administration Leader.
- To develop relevant training and skills needed to cover all aspects for the other Shop Leaders and Administration roles during the absence of either or both, including breaks, holiday times or sickness.
- To cover the posts of the other Shop Leader to enable them to complete any financial, administrative or other tasks which take them ‘off’ the shop floor.
- Manage and ensure the ongoing training of Assistant staff members working in the shop, ensuring regular staff support meetings.
- Work with the Administration Manager to organise the recruitment, induction, training and appraisal of staff.
- Work with the Administration Manager to ensure all personnel records are established and maintained.
- Report to the Board on all matters relating to the Shop staff team.
- To ensure the profit margins agreed with the Board on all shop sales are
- To manage all ordering, purchasing and deliveries including dealing with
discrepancies and returns.
- To ensure systems of budgetary control are followed and report to the Board of Directors on performance against targets.
- To ensure full compliance with systems for managing cash including security, banking, tills, weighing points and card reading equipment;
- To ensure weekly wastage sheets are recorded ready for reporting.
- To undertake cashing up when rota’d to do so.
- To ensure good quality opening and closing routines are adhered to when rota’d to do so.
- To manage all stock control and rotation, continuity of supply, minimization of waste and dealing with discrepancies and returns.
- To deal with, record and/or pass on to the Administration Manager premises and Health and Safety issues.
- Identify opportunities to promote the Shop.
- Work with the Administration Manager to promote the Shop by running regular offers and promotions, ensuring that initiatives are communicated to customers in store and by the Marketing Team.
- Deputise for the other Shop Leader and Administrative Leader in their absence